Skip to main content

You are here:

  1. Home
  2. Existing Customers
  3. Questions about lending

Questions about lending

I have recently changed my address. What do I need to do?

If you've moved house and our records need updating, please inform us of your new address details in writing. All parties to your mortgage must sign this correspondence.

^ Back to top

I have recently changed my name. What do I need to do?

You will need to send in to Birmingham Midshires Servicing the official document confirming your change of name (e.g. marriage certificate or deed poll) and a signed letter of authority. Please remember to sign both your old name and your new name, so we have a record of both signatures.

^ Back to top

Can I rent out my home?

You must have our agreement to rent out your home. If we agree, we'll charge an added rate of 0.5% on top of your existing interest rate for each year or part of year you have our agreement.

Please call us on 0345 300 2627 and we'll be happy to talk about what you need to do. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays (excluding bank holidays).

No longer renting out your home?

If we've agreed for you to rent out your home and you've moved back in, please call us on 0345 300 2627 to let us know.

^ Back to top

What does APR and APRC mean, and what does it represent?

APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate and APRC stands for Annual Percentage Rate of Charge. This is an annual interest rate which takes account of fees and charges to reflect the total cost of your mortgage. Your Mortgage Illustration will detail the fees which are included in this calculation. Both the APR and APRC are calculated using a standard method to provide an effective way for you to compare quotes from different lenders.

^ Back to top

I want to make a refund request. What do I need to do?

If you accidentally overpay on your account we can refund the overpaid amount to you, this would normally apply to accounts which are paid by standing order.

We generally consider a refund request for the current mortgage year only.

If you want to request a refund please contact the lending call centre on 0345 300 2627.

^ Back to top

I want to make an annual repayment change scheme removal request. What do I need to do?

The Annual Repayment Change Scheme (ARC) was introduced to help customers budget for their mortgage payments. Under this scheme mortgage payments are only calculated once at the start of each mortgage year. This payment then remains the same for the following 12 months regardless of any interest rate changes.

Customers in this scheme can opt out and have a new payment calculated each time the interest rate changes.

Please contact the lending call centre on 0345 300 2627 to request this.

^ Back to top

I want to change the term on my mortgage. What do I need to do?

The term on a mortgage account can either be extended or reduced. Further information about this can be obtained from our lending call centre on 0345 300 2627.

^ Back to top

I want to change the rate on my mortgage, and/or apply for additional borrowing. What do I need to do?

Birmingham Midshires no longer offers these services direct to customers.

If you have a Buy-to-Let mortgage, you should contact an independent financial adviser to find out more about the products we offer through the intermediary channel.

If you have a residential mortgage, we can help you by switching to a new deal with Bank of Scotland. You can find out more about this on our dedicated switching page, or you can call us on 0345 725 3253. Lines are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

^ Back to top

For telephone line opening times, please read the information in our contact section. Calls may be monitored and recorded for security and training purposes.

Our tracker rate mortgages are linked to Bank of England Bank Rate (also known as Bank of England repo rate). Details of this rate can be found on the Bank of England website or in the Financial Times or other leading newspapers.

Security and privacy policy

© Birmingham Midshires

This site is intended for UK residents unless otherwise stated. Mortgage Loans will be made by Birmingham Midshires.
Birmingham Midshires is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ.
To contact the FCA Consumer helpline, please ring 0800 111 6768 or visit MoneyHelper.